Monday, January 08, 2007

Confrontation time postponed

I didn't do it. I didn't talk with my co-worker today. Not because I was scared but because I have compassion. You see, I was waiting for a proper moment. A time when I could quietly pull her to the side and talk. I didn't want to be interrupted or do this around people. I just think that is the way to do things. Anyway, I figured the afternoon when it was slower and just she and I there would be the best time. As I waited for an opportunity, I saw my boss quietly talking to her and she was wiping away tears. I don't think this had anything to do with my situation as I did not go to the Boss about it and he wasn't around when it happened. I don't know if someone else said something to him about it or that maybe this was totally unrelated. I will wait and see if it happens again. If it does, I will be more prepared as I have practiced my speech over and over to myself. I have to remember, just because she thinks I am wrong doesn't mean I am.

UPDATE: She came up to me yesterday and apologized. She muttered something about one of those days. We hugged. She really is a sweet girl. I hated that there was friction between us. So, for now, there is peace. However, I will still be cautious and have my guard up and I hate that.