Friday, April 27, 2007

Expert medical advice

I hate going to the doctor. Absolutely frickin hate it. But, I found a soft spoken yet frank doctor. He listened to my list of issues and confessed that I sounded exactly like his sister. She battles the same roaming pains. He prescribed a low dosage of anti-depressants. He cut me off before I could finish exclaiming that I am not depressed. Believe me, I have been in the clutches of depression. It's a maddening state. I fought like hell to get out of it and I know that now I'm not even on the same planet as depression. But, before I could get into my objections. He said, "I'm telling you like I told my sister. Just take the damn pill." Then he went into the technicalities and it makes sense.

He sent me to the vampire people for every kind of test possible. They took a half-dozen tubes of blood.

I'll go back in a few weeks to see what he finds but in the meantime I guess I'll just take the damn pill.