Monday, May 14, 2007

7 Random Things about me

Mrs. Who tagged me with a meme.

1. I carry a light jacket me with every where I go all year long. I find that most places are kept too cold for me. People look at me like I'm nuts when I grabbed my jacket when it is 98 degrees outside but I know it will be freezing inside so I don't care.

2. Cars I have owned: 1970 Ford Falcon; 1965 Ford Falcon; 1974 Ford Maverick Grabber; 1970 Ford Pinto; 1985 Ford Tempo; 1985 Chevy S-10 (my first vehicle not a Ford); 1990 Chevy Nova; 1995 Plymouth Voyager (yes, I did the whole minivan thing); 1998 Ford Explorer; 1996 Saturn SL1.

3. I haven't owned a vehicle made in the 2000's and the 2008s will be out soon. Damn. I just realized that.

4. Jobs I have had: telemarketer; fast food worker (Taco Bell); vacuum cleaner salesperson (Rainbow); Day care teacher and attendant; waitress; physical therapy receptionist and assistant; legal secretary and assistant; photographer and postcard salesperson on the beach; home health care worker; client trainer in a group home for mentally handicapped women; weekend relief worker for group home for physically handicapped clients; payroll and production clerk; heavy equipment operator; dispatcher.

5. States I have lived in: Florida; Virginia for a year and a half when I was 8. That's it.

6. Number 5 is remarkable considering I was a Navy brat. My father was in the Navy. My step-father was in the Navy. We moved once. Thus, the move to Virginia. I was a Navy wife. Twice. My first husband did three tours (four years each )in Pensacola, our home town. I wanted to travel. Nope, didn't happen. Divorce. Marry another Navy man. Oh, good maybe I can travel now. All the way to Jacksonville, Florida. Divorce. Still here. Hell, I've done more traveling since I divorced than I have did as a Navy wife.

7. My car has a cassette player in it. I do not own an MP3 player. I do have a cell phone that I use every once in a while. That's was my mother's day present last year.

I'm not tagging any one but feel free to post facts about yourself in the comments.