Saturday, February 16, 2008

Unfit mother

I read this article about a horrible accident at an illegal street car race. Seven people were killed when a car ran into the crowd of about 50 people.

The reporter interviewed one woman.

"There were just bodies everywhere; it was horrible," said Crystal Gaines, 27, whose father was among the dead.

Gaines said she grabbed her child but could not help her father, William Gaines Sr., 61. (emphasis mine)

She grabbed her child. Hello. McFly. What the hell was she thinking? She had her child with her at an illegal street race at 3:40 AM. While the article did not mention the age of her child, do the math. Unless she was 9 when she gave birth, which I highly doubt but don't rule it out as she seems pathetically stupid, her child is a minor. And I'm guessing that since she had to grab her child out of danger's way, the child was young enough not to know to run. What a stupid, irresponsible person! Now this child has witnessed it's grandfather's death. How tragic. The article didn't mention if any of the spectators had been arrested but I believe that woman should have been. Stupid. Stupid. And then to top it off, she agreed to be interviewed and named.

If my father had just been killed and I had my child at an illegal race in the middle of the night, I certainly would avoid reporters. Somebody slap a stupid sticker on her forehead and give her child to someone with common sense and love so that child can be protected.