Sunday, April 20, 2008

She singing about my life

If you ever get the opportunity to see Martina McBride in concert, GO! Don't think twice. Just GO! She is phenomenal. The woman has so much energy and puts all of herself into her singing. She is better live than recorded. I don't think I've ever thought that about a performer before. I don't see how she can sing like that night after night without straining her voice. She a gift to reach inside your soul and touch your heart. Her songs all have meaning and inspiration. They hit home on so many levels. I am still astonished by the magnitude with which she sang each song and note. WOW. Just WOW.

I lost it when she sang Concrete Angel. I tried discretely to wipe away the tears running down my face but others noticed. Chowhound consoled me by saying that he was sure I was probably not the only one.

I don't have daughters but my sons rescued me so I totally relate to In my Daughter's Eyes. Change daughters to sons and it applies to me.

The end of the song talks about "one day when they leave". That's the trouble I'm having now. I never thought I would have difficulty in the transition to the "empty nest". I was just fooling myself and talking out my a$$. Chowhound is the only one left at home now. He graduates from high school next month. I was okay with that as he has been talking about going to the Jr. college here. That was cool. I can do that. He changed his mind. He has decided to following in Daredevil's footsteps and join the Marines. He signs the papers Monday. He won't leave until September at the earliest. So, I have the summer with him and to adjust to his leaving. I'm a basket case already. I hate to see myself in a few months.

I know this opens up opportunities for me also. But, I'm scared. For over 22 years my life has revolved around my children. They rescued me from a destructive lifestyle. Becoming a mother was the best thing to ever happen to me. It is who I am and I am proud of that. I am proud of my boys. Who ever said that having children is like having your heart walk around out side your body was dead on. I feel so vulnerable.