Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why I blog

While I haven't been a habitual blogger, more like an intermittent one lately, today was a great example of why I blog. It's because of the wonderful people you meet. It is so easy to get discouraged with mankind when all you hear is the negative crap on the news. Through blogging I have met some wonderful people. Some I only know through blogs and e-mails. Some through phone calls and a few in person.

One special blogger came to the aid of our country today, so to speak. You see, the Air Force sent Improviser to Oklahoma. He was really bummed out. " What the hell is in Oklahoma?" It turns out a really wonderful lady and her family. Improviser is almost literally stationed in Rave's backyard. She went to the base and hauled him back to her house for the day. He is hanging out with Girlie playing Halo.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Rave in person yet. We've spoken on the phone, swapped comments and e-mails but now my son is hanging out with her and her family. I love the era we live in. I can sit at home and make friends across the country and even the world. (And yes, I know my neighbors too. Though, I will admit not near as well as I know some of my online friends.)

Thank you Rave. You are a very special person. I hope one day I get to hang out with you.