Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update

I'm crawling out from underneath my rock to let everyone know I am alive and well. I checked my last post and was shocked that two months have passed. I'll blame it on being newly married. I have better things to do than spend all my time on the computer telling my secrets.

First, I want to thank everyone who has donated to Run4Chance. Bless each and every one of you. This is a cause that is very personal to me as you all well know. I love my boys dearly and with all of them in the Military right now, I draw a deep breath with each phone call. Presently, they are all state side and doing well but that can change at a moment's notice. Again, thank you for your donations. They are going to be very worthy cause. While I am still collecting for Run4Chance, my plans have changed slightly. I will not be going to VA to participate in the half marathon. Instead I will be doing the Marine Corps Half Marathon here in Jacksonville on Oct. 3. The main reason for this is that my youngest son, Chowhound, is no longer stationed in Virginia Beach. He has been transferred to Twenty-nine Palms, CA (only 3 hours away from one of his brothers). He was my main reason for wanting to do that particular run. We were going to run it together. But, that's military life.

Anyway, I used my travel money to go visit my 95 year old grandmother in PA. It was the best trip ever. That woman is my hero. I will be posting stories and pictures soon. I learned so much from her and met family for the first time. It was incredible.

There have been other things going on health wise, but they have resolved themselves and I am back to training for the half-marathon.

I finished my summer class, Industrial Electronics, with an A and the next semester starts Sept. 2 for me. I will be starting with one class, Basic Instrumentation, and adding Advanced Instrumentation in October.

My company did away with my position at work but fortunately they needed someone to do one of my previous jobs so I am still employed and back to work in a physically demanding job.

Well, that's it in a nutshell.

I promise to visit more sites, comment more often and post here too.