Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stress, Dieting, JW, and laptops

Today is day one of my I seriously want to lose weight diet. I found it in a Woman's World magazine that I picked up at the Wally world register the other day. I never buy magazines but this one was cheap and it called out to me. In it is an easy summer detox plan. Basically, it is the very similar to what Bou did earlier this year (I'll find the link later.) or not. ). It cuts out all processed foods. This should be fun. My hubby will be back in six weeks, maybe and this is a good time to diet as I won't have him to tempt me. I'll post more on the diet later.
_________________

When my hubby left so did the laptop that lived in the living room. I miss them both. Still debating on which one I miss the most though. Just kidding. I will have to rearrange a little and put my slow ass computer in the living room. This chair in the kitchen isn't fun.

____________________

I keep a little note on my bedroom mirror which list on one side "101 ways to praise a child" and the other side is "101 ways to cope with stress". I've had this for years. I'm not sure when or where I picked it up but it helps to keep me grounded. I don't read it every day but for some reason today it called my name. I took it down and was reading and soaking in the suggestions. When I took the dogs for a walk this morning, I picked up the growing pile of literature the Jehovah Witnesses leave on my front porch. One of the pamphlets is entitled "Relief from Stress How?" I think it's a sign. So, here are a couple of suggestions from each:

The mental Health place says I should:

Get up 15 minutes earlier.
Avoid tight fitting clothes.
Avoid relying on chemical aids.

Well, I did get up 15 minutes earlier this morning just by luck not plan or purpose. The diet should check off the tight fitting clothes issue and hit the chemical aids at the same time. Because as soon as I'm finished with finals next week, the coffee is stopping.

JW, tell me:

Don't expect perfection of yourself or others - Ecclesiastes 7:16
Get regular exercise - 1 Timothy 4:8
Get sufficient relaxation and sleep - Ecclesiastes 4:6

I'll have to dust off my Bible and look up those versus.

Have a great day. I'm off to work.