Monday, June 16, 2008

My boys are home

MY BOYS ARE ALL HOME! I HAVE BLOG FODDER AGAIN!!!

My world has been quiet since Daredevil left for California January 2. It's been Chowhound, me and the dog. Improviser visits every now and then but he has been gone for almost 3 years. So, the quiet lingers in the house. Not much blog fodder is made. Life has just been trolling, quietly along almost uneventfully. There have been birthdays and graduations but no drama.

Well, that has changed. Daredevil showed up unexpectedly. He is home on 15 days leave. He got into town 4 days before I did. Chowhound and I have been in the Turks and Caicos Islands spending time with my Sweetie. Daredevil and Improviser picked us up at the airport. My jaw dropped and I did a *blink* when I saw him. Chowhound knew all along and never said a word. I was wondering why that child was bouncing off the walls like he needed Ritalin. He was pestering the shit out of my on the way home Sunday. Stealing my scrunchie out of my hair. Poking me. And, just being a genuine smart ass. He has missed Daredevil so bad. Daredevil booked his trip before I booked mine but didn't want to say anything. So, I missed out on this first four days of leave.

On to the blog fodder. My office phone rings at about 8 this morning. It's my EX telling me Daredevil is on the way to the emergency room. It seems Chowhound spotted a hula hoop on a roof and Daredevil felt compelled to retrieve it. The landing wasn't pretty. He broke his foot. I leave those two boys together for less than 14 hours and look what happens.

I love the chaos. I'm off to go fix their favorite, Chicken and Dumplings.

I'm going to cherish the next 10 days!!!