Thursday, December 21, 2006

Because of Dad

Daredevil wrote the following sonnet. It tells of his frustrations with his girlfriend's Dad. Both Daredevil and Nana are seniors this year at different high schools. Her Dad does not allow her to date. Therefore, they have been sneaking around behind his back, with her mother's knowledge and permission, for over a year. He knows about Daredevil. He just doesn't allow them to openly see each.

I think his poem is wonderful. Obviously, so did his teacher since he received an "A" and a "Well done!" on it.

Because of Dad

Should I break her heart because of her Dad?
Her Dad, the wall that bars my path to her.
With all the sneaking around makes me mad,
Hiding how I feel for her when he's there.
The wall standing between me and my love
I should not have to deal with this madness
Just throw this away like a nasty glove
And find another dad I can address.
Even with all the frustration I have,
I love her with all of my beating heart.
To save her I would go straight to my grave
I have loved her even from the rough start.
Even with all the obstacles we face,
We are still moving at a steady pace.