Monday, December 18, 2006

What a male will do to get a female

Improviser came over tonight to show me the Christmas presents he bought everybody, but me (pout, pout). He takes them out one at a time telling me who they are for. Then, he pulls out a card and says, "This is for my girlfriend." I shake my head. Did I hear right? Improviser has a girlfriend. My unsocial, quiet, rather play video games, child. Well, he isn't a child anymore, he is 20. But, still. I was surprised. But, then he hit with the the unbelievable. "I'm going camping with her next week." HA HA HA What a powerful thing the female possesses. Improviser HATES camping. I don't think she knows what kind of control she has over this young man. So much, in fact that he went out and bought a tent. He hates camping. He hates the outdoors. He hates shopping but he spent 5 hours walking around Wal-Mart with her. Five hours. I can't even spend 5 hours in Wally world.

I know what is motivating him and, actually, I worry about him. I'm afraid that she will give him what he wants and then break his heart. He has a heart of gold. He doesn't understand how cruel people and life can be. I know him. He will fall head over heels because someone is making him feel special. It's hard as a parent to sit back and watch what you know will probably happen. Now, I know how my mother felt. But, I will do as she did. I will watch. I will worry. And then, I will be there when he falls and get hurts. It doesn't matter if he is 2 or 20. Mom will still be there. Only, a teenage mutant ninja turtle bandaid won't help. How I wish there was a bandaid for the heart. Someway to put bactine on the wounds to promote healing. I guess hugs are bandaids for the heart.