Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Friendship

True friendship is an awesome relationship. It is deep rooted in your soul. That type of friend is hard to come by. I am fortunate enough to have several. One of them being VWBug. She is a blessing in my life. We have been friends since we were 13 or 14 (so that would be like 7 or 8 years, right?).

I stole the following poem from Lemon Stand-Lemonade Made Daily.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself and doesn't feel even the least bit weird shutting your 'beer/Pepsi drawer' with her foot!

A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend shoulder is soggy from your tears..

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.
A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after they've gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it!

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend calls you after you had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!

Yesterday, VWBug gave me a friendship award. I am honored that she considers me a friend. And surprised to because I'm always picking on her. I dedicate this poem to her as well as the recipients of my Friendship Award.

I'm going to do things a little different here. The people I am honored to call a friend are not bloggers. But, they do grace this blog and my life with their presence. So, I present The Colors of Friendship award to:

Tweety: She is beauty defined. She wears her heart on her sleeve, will give you the shirt off her back, and give her heart a million times over.

Linnaya: You are probably the strongest, most determined person I know. I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished in spite of the obstacles in your path.

Nora: You are wonderful. Don't ever forget that.

VWBug: Thanks for being in my life.