Monday, August 24, 2009

Run4Chance

Today two great things happened. My official Run4Chance Shirt arrived and I officially registered for the Marine Corps Half-Marathon being held in Jacksonville on Oct. 3. I have 45 days to hit the training hard. I have been training but not as diligently as I should be. This race is important to me. First, because of the cause I am representing. Run4Chance. I am running this event independently. This is not one of their official races but I am still raising money for their cause. The money raised goes to the Injured Marines Fund and the Fisher House which gives the families of the injured service people a place to stay.

So, far you wonderful people have donated $265.00 to Run4Chance.

Mrs. Who of House of Zathras.
VWBug of One Happy Dog.
Writers Block of Pereiraville
and my blogless friend, Linnaya.

The men and women of our military put their lives on the line for all the liberties we have. The more I read about how women are still treated in other countries, the more I truly appreciate the sacrifices others have made for me. Recently, I read about a woman being caned for wearing pants. Pants. I can't imagine not wearing pants. Hell, I work in a man's world. I run a 35 ton tractor. Another woman is being caned for drinking beer. I would have been caned to death by the time I was old enough to drive. That would have been more beatings. While I have done a lot of things I probably shouldn't have, it is up to me to choose my how I live my life. I have to figure out what I believe is right and wrong. I don't think that should be done for me. Here in America we have the freedom to make wrong choices and the freedom to make right choices. And to decide if they are right or wrong.

I am truly an American Woman. I used to drink. I cuss. I wear pants. I drive a car. I travel by myself. I am going to college. I have married and divorced. More than once. More than twice. Stupid maybe. But, it is my life. I have to find what I think is beyond this life. I am discovering what my purpose in life is. I love the freedoms I have. It pains my soul to know that women are still treated so disrespectfully in other countries.

I am extremely proud of all of our servicemen and woman, past and present, who sacrificed so much including their lives so that I am free to make decisions for myself. I love being an American.