Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hurricane Names Challenge

I am sick and tired of hurricanes! Katrina, the little b****, is headed towards Pensacola. (Which is where my family lives. She already visited my friends in South Florida.) Whoever is in charge of hurricanes, GIVE FLORIDA A BREAK! According the the NOAA, "In total, this season is likely to yield 18 to 21 tropical storms, with nine to 11 becoming hurricanes, including five to seven major hurricanes." They have to stop their prediction at 21 named storms, because they only assign 21 names. This got me to thinking. So.......... what happens if we exceed the list? Do we start using next years? Maybe that would decrease the number in 2006. Or do we start making up names for the letters they don't utilize? Hmmm, let's see Q, U, X, Y, Z.

These are the names for this years Hurricanes.
2005
Arlene Bret Cindy Dennis Emily Franklin Gert Harvey Irene Jose Katrina Lee Maria Nate Ophelia Philippe Rita Stan Tammy Vince Wilma

What names could we come up with just in case we need additional names? Believe me, I would rather prove them wrong and never make it to "Lee". But, I would rather laugh than worry. So everyone please humor me and send me suggested hurricane names using Q, U, X, Y, and Z.