Sunday, September 24, 2006

Head and Body not in synch

It's hell to get old. Once I hit 40, that was it. My body went on strike. Everything started hurting and reminding me I wasn't a teenager any more. But, some where down the line my mind didn't get the memo. In my head, I still invincible. Because of these two not being in synch, I'm limping around today going, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Daredevil had a few friends over for his birthday party yesterday. They were all out in the front yard kicking the soccer ball around. Yeah, What the hell was I thinking is correct. I had a blast with them playing keep away from me. Occasionally, I'd get lucky and snag the ball. One time Daredevil tried to steal the ball back from me and I successfully blocked his kick with my ankle. Holy Crap. Now, I understand the need for shin guards.