Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Mr. Jingles Escapes

Mr. Jingles has come to Florida and has decided that this is a circus house. I have been battling this nasty rodent. He is a smart and crafty SOB. He avoids the zillion glue traps I have. I'm having a heck of a time catching this critter. My trusty companion, Remington (my dog not the gun-although I am getting close to shooting the critter-the mouse not the dog-although that crossed my mind at 4 am) has been helping track him. Yes, I'm rambling. It's 5:30am and I have been up since 4am when the dog chased the mouse into my bedroom. I awaken to a 110 lb dog trying to squeeze under the dresser next to my bed. I stand on my bed which is a mattress and box spring sitting directly on the floor, clean off the top of the dresser and then tilt it over. The mouse comes running out, sees the dog and dashes back under the dresser. I then took all the drawers out of the dresser and turned the dresser over. Houdini mouse is gone. I'm still standing on the bed through all of this.

I named the mouse, Jingles, after the mouse from The Green Mile because this story actually started yesterday morning when my great tracker dog chased the mouse into the living room closet. I have a bunch of boxes full of crafts and such in there. So, one by one I'm pulling the boxes out of the closet. It looked like that scene from the Green Mile. Lo and behold Houdini Jingles was gone. Now he did another disappearing act.

I am about to lose my mind. I will not be able to get any sleep until this critter is captured.