Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One to go...

Improviser came over tonight. Waltzed into the kitchen and the next thing I knew he was cooking me dinner. The only one of my three boys that cooks. He made Chowhound a chocolate cherry cake with fudge icing before he left for bootcamp. It was made from scratch. No box, no mix. He shows love with food. I love this about him. I am going to miss him so much. These next two weeks are going to be special since it will be the first time since he was 16 months old that he didn't have to share me with his brothers (he's 22, do the math, it's been a looooooooong time). I am going to cherish every moment.

Daredevil is packed up and turning his cell phone off tonight. He starts his journey towards Iraq tomorrow. I told him to keep an eye out for his cousin who is packing up and leaving Iraq Thursday to come back to the states. Who knows, they may just cross paths somewhere while in transit. I sent out a care package today so he should get it upon his arrival. Please pray for his safety in his travels and for the next seven months. Please pray for all of our troops.

Chowhound is in day 2 of bootcamp. He is sleeping in hallways, getting yelled at, and having his head scrapped bald. He is going to look like this again.


This picture cracks me up. He insisted that I shave his head. I cried. He was happy as a clam. I doubt that he is smiling now. Only 13 weeks to go.