Sunday, January 08, 2006

Blog Troubles

Daredevil and Improviser have blogs/personal pages on My Space. I browsed through Daredevils recently. I am troubled by some of the things I have found. Most of these kids have their real names and photos posted. I purposely do not post their names and photos because of all the weirdos out there. They do not see the need for security. This concerns me. I read frequently about the perverts browsing the internet posing as teens. My mother instincts are kicking in and I want to protect my children. But, then I realize at their ages I can only guide and hope they listen.

Overall the blogs I read were the usual teen stuff. They were actually cleaner than I expected and I found a couple of cute quizzes. The thing that really bothers me is how many teenage girls list that they are Bye. (You get my point. I don't need a million google hits for that.) I am soooooooooo glad I don't have girls. I don't see how a 15 or 16 year old girl can know that for sure. Is it a fad? This really concerns me since I know some of these girls. I wonder if their parents know.