Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom,

Thank you for all you have given me. Our lives have not always been smooth or uncomplicated, but you have always been there for me despite my resistance sometimes. You always show me love. Admittedly, sometimes it was tough love. But, it was love nonetheless. You were there for me through marriages and divorces, trials and children, laughter and tears. You stood by my side during accomplishments and not so great decisions. Okay, some really bad ones. You never judge. You never criticize. Fault and blame are cast aside and a shoulder is always offered. You gave me life. But, more importantly you give me love. Unconditionally.

But, it's not just me you offer it to it's everyone. Especially Mike. I know it is difficult to celebrate your birthday this year as you try and cope. But,I know that if he were here to celebrate your birthday today, he'd be pounding on the piano and then taking you out to the "best" spots in town. He truly loved you.

Happy Birthday Mom. Know that we all love you and are here for you as you have been for us.