Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Teenagers having sex

Yeah. It wasn't any of my boys. But, how would you handle this situation? My ex calls and informs me that one of our sons let his friend (16) and girlfriend (also 16) into his house to have sex. My first reaction was stifled laughter. Finally, I couldn't hold it in anymore and said, "Glad it wasn't my house!". I don't think he appreciated my comment or uncontrolled laughter. He seemed totally appalled by what had happen. I can understand partly because he found out when his live-in girlfriend's 4 year old daughter brought him a used condom. Well, at least they were practicing safe sex. But, what do you? He called their parents. I'm not sure I would have. I found his reaction particularly humorous because he and I were having sex when we were teenagers. I can remember grabbing clothes and running into a closet to get dressed when my mom came home early one time.

I talked with my son about this situation. I asked him why. He shrugged and said, "It could have been worse, I could have been filming it." I could barely catch my breath to get up off the floor.