Sunday, September 10, 2006

Memorable movies--obviously not

My memory is getting worse by the day. I hate this. I realize it more and more. The other night I rented some movies. I don't do this on a regular basis because my attention span is poor and I either don't sit still and end up puttering around the house during the movie and missing parts of it or I fall asleep. It has to be a very intriguing plot to keep my attention. There are very few movies that fall into this category.

So, Daredevil, Chowhound and I went to the video store and each chose a movie. I picked Inside Man. The shop owner recommended the movie. I read the jacket and thought it sounded good. We get home. Daredevil opens the DVD player. Pulls out a disc and says, "Hey, Mom. Guess what was in the DVD player?" Yep. You guessed it. Inside Man. We own the stupid movie. It was the last movie I watched. Improviser bought it. I have watched it twice. Yet, I couldn't remember it at the time. I felt so stupid. I went back to the video store and sheepishly asked if I could trade it for something else. I admitted to her that I owned a copy. She got a good chuckle out of it. But, I sure felt like an idiot.