Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Going to State

Congratulations Chowhound! He made a superior on his Marimba solo at FBA District Solo and Ensemble on Saturday. Next month he goes to State. This is the second year in a row that he as gone to State. He sets his goals high. He performed Jungle Walk, a Grade 6 piece, this year. Next year he plans on perfecting a Grade 7 which the the hardest level.

This means that I will have a Marimba in my living room for at least another month. I laugh every time I think of it. The line from Close Encounters keeps running through my head, "I've got one of those in my living room." I'll have to rent the movie and let Chowhound listen to the alien "music". He'll be playing it. I already have the Final Jeopardy theme stuck in my head since he taught himself to play it.