Thursday, February 08, 2007

Recent Events

This is what has been happening in my life recently:

*Replaced the heater core in Daredevil's car.
*The check engine light came on in my car while on I-10 in the middle of nowhere.
*Chowhound brought home a Marimba from school. Most band kids have small portable, put in your pocket instruments. No, not my son. It took two cars to get it home because I have not been blessed with a truck.
*I made a quick trip to Pensacola to finally say goodbye to my best friend on the one year anniversary of her passing.
*The cops were at my door to report a suspicious looking character lurking around my house. Actually, it was just Daredevil checking to make sure I had turned the outside water spigots off after the freeze threat left. Nice to know they are watching my house. But, it would have been better if they had been watching the school yesterday....
*Someone broke in Daredevil's car and stole the stereo he just got for Christmas. Now, I have to replaced a window and a stereo. And wouldn't you know it, it was the day after I received my insurance renewal. I bet they change their quote now.
*My nephew, Gene the Marine, stopped by on his way to go see his brand new daughter. I was able to see her last weekend. She is a cutie.

There is a lot more but I'm out of time and brain cells.