Sunday, December 11, 2005

Dive Day Two


Yeah! Chowhound and I completed and passed our diving certification. It was a wonderful experience. But, it was C.O.L.D. COLD today. I sometimes forget I live in NORTH Florida. Today the emphasis was on North. I don't know what happened to the Florida part. It was gone. We froze. The water in the spring is 70 year round. Today, it was warmer in the water. If you consider 70 warm. I don't. But, I guess if you learn in the worst conditions everything else is a piece of cake.

But, we froze our butts off. Well, I don't think Chowhound's butt was very cold because he commented at the end of the third and final dive, "I don't know why but I had to pee every 5 minutes." Wonderful. Kinda makes you feel like you're swimming in someone's toilet. Yuck. I guess that's how he stayed warm today. The thing is though, It wasn't his wetsuit. It belongs to the dive shop. And it was brand new. They took off the tags and handed it to him since none of the others fit the skinny beanpole. A $140 wetsuit. Hope they rinse it out good.