Saturday, December 10, 2005

I love living in FL


While a lot of you are shoveling snow and freezing, this is what you can do in Florida in December. Chowhound and I went diving in Devil's Den. We are completing our open water diving certification. It was his first dive. He did incredible. Better than I did and I've dove before (only twice, but still). Brat. I guess I should be glad that my children are more coordinated than I am. But, to be showed up by a 15 year old. Geezzzzzz. Actually, I was really proud of him. He said, "And, on the video they make it seem likes it hard." Gotta love him.

Devil's den is a beautiful place. Since it's a fresh water spring, there isn't much aquatic life, but there were giant catfish. They swam right up to us. Looking for those catfish goodies they sell there. I wasn't scared, but it was a little unnerving to have a group of 3ft catfish circling around inspecting you. Tomorrow we go to a different place. I can't wait.