Friday, November 10, 2006

Chronic CRS

I suffer from chronic CRS (can't remember shit). Ever since I hit 40 it has been steadily and quickly getting worse. I already post notes. I'm bad about forgetting to turn things off. I have given up lighting candles. The fire threat scares me. I have left the house for the weekend and with them burning. I remembered about 3am. I have gone to bed and forgotten about them. It is just too risky. I have to ground myself to the kitchen when I am cooking or I'll get distracted. I used to shake my head in disbelief at stories of people burning their house down because they went to sleep and forgot them were cooking. I could head that organization now. The boys came home one day to find eggs frying on the stove. Still in the shell. Not a lick of water in the pot. I was boiling them and forgot. Minutes after I put them on to boil, I forgot. I went and took a long, hot bath. This crap scares me folks.

The other night I was taking full advantage of the fact that all the boys were gone. Even though they are older, it is still the best time to clean. I can turn my music up so I can hear it in every room of the house (and down to the end of the block, too). I was heading down the hall towards my bedroom when a strange noise in the boys' bathroom caught my attention. I peered in to investigate. Holy Crap! The the water was running in the bathtub and is was micrometers from over flowing. I stood there with a blank look on my face trying to figure out why the water was running and filling up the tub. I couldn't remember turning it on. I didn't have any kids home to blame it on and surly the dog didn't do it. Gott knows he won't go anywhere near the bathtub without being bribed. I had turned it on with the intent of just putting enough to cover the bottom of the tub so I could add bleach to soak the footscum out. Then I forgot. I wiped the event clean out of my memory. I swear someone has one of those devices from Men in Black that make you forget everything. It is on full power and I'm on it's radar.

I don't know what to do about this. I've looked into all the vitamins and witchdoctor stuff to improve your memory. But, hell, I can't remember to take the crap. I forget I have it. The only up side to this, is that my Sweetie is worse than I am and he is always praising me for my wonderful memory.