Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Valuable lesson

Last night, I had a living demonstration on being grateful for what you have because it could be worse. This lesson was brought to me by Wally World of all places. I had time to kill and shopping to do so I figured I would check out our brand new Super Wally World. It has been open about a month now. The greatest thrill I was seeking was pushing around a new cart. I really was looking forward to that. Shopping buggy's hate me. I always seem to get the handicapped one. Well, lo and behold, if I didn't manage to pull out a limping SOB out of the barn of newborn buggies. Thud, thud, thud, thud. One wheel had a flat spot on it. In fact, it was the left rear wheel because the mechanic in me came out and I had to diagnose the problem. First, I lifted the rear wheels off the ground and pushed. No thud, thud, thud. So, then I rolled it on three wheels keeping the right side wheel up. Ok. I found the problem. It didn't fix it. But, I diagnosed it. Why? I don't know. Impulse. Just had to. But, I still pushed this stupid thud, thud buggy around until I couldn't take it anymore. I limped it back to the entrance and traded it in. Ah,,,,,,,quiet. The cart was a little difficult to push. The wheels felt tight but after all it was new. But, it wasn't thud, thud, thudding. I am a very tolerant person. I don't expect everything to be perfect that is why I put up with the limping buggy for so long. I should have been satisfied with it. As I continued my shopping, my "new" new buggy freed up and was easier to push. But, then all of a sudden an alarm or something went off in the stupid thing. A high pitched run to the hills squeal. It was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. Damn. Do buggys hate me or what? It definitely killed my shopping mood and saved me money. I guess I should be grateful.