Friday, March 17, 2006

Not a Shamrock

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY

In observance of St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to wear green to work today. Actually, I just didn't want to get pinched. I work in a predominantly redneck male environment where harass is still interpreted as two words, "HER ASS" and I didn't want to give them any excuses.

As I was exploring my wardrobe for green articles this morning, I remembered I had a green pin in my jewelry box. Now, folks, you have to realize that I am not a jewelry person. I have a jewelry box but it does not contain the typical things. It is more a conglomeration of things I have collected through the years.

Just to give you an idea, some of the contents include:
*a pin that says "I can handle any crisis I'M A MOM"
*a gold Pokemon card
*a key to a storage locker on Catalina Island, CA
*a Swiss army knife
*2 fortune cookie fortunes
*a picture of a rose torn out of the newspaper

There are a bunch of other things too. Some fake pearls, a few pieces of costume jewelry. I don't know where some of the things came from. I do not remember where I got the "Shamrock" pin or even when. I just know that I remember seeing this green pin in my collection over the years. I can't remember ever wearing it before. But, since it was St. Patty's Day, I figured it would be cute to wear it to work sort of like warding off vampires with a cross or whatever you are supposed to use.

Anyway, I pull it out and start to put it on. Suddenly, it dawns on me. OMG this is not a Shamrock! A Shamrock only has three leaves. Where in the hell, when and why did I acquire this.



Needless to say, I did not wear it to work.