Saturday, March 04, 2006

Today is.....

HUG A GI DAY!

My source states:

Today is a day that we all can embrace. It's "Hug a GI Day". Give a great big hug to any and all GIs you see today. The men and women in our armed forces deserve our thanks and appreciation.

GI's perform an invaluable service to our country. They risk their lives for our freedom, and to keep us safe. A simple hug is a small thanks for this vital service to our country.
So here is a BIG HUG in appreciation to anyone who has served our country to defend my freedoms.


I would be cautious of just going up and hugging anyone in uniform without explaining why. This might cause some ingratitude at first.

I couldn't find anything on the origin of "Hug a GI Day", but I suspect it was a pick up line originally. Seems like a good way from a young GI to meet some pretty innocent little thing.