Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Alive and kicking, well sort of

Okay, I'm back. I don't want Harvey fussing at me anymore. Life is creeping back into my back. I'm not up to doing the can-can yet, but sitting and walking are options now. It really hoovered though. I had to cut my weekend trip short. I did make it to Orlando, but I didn't get to do Daytona. *pouts* We had tickets for Daytona USA and a hotel on the beach. Well, I have until March to use my ticket. So, all is not lost. I did get to see my oldest sister while in Orlando. We saw the best mystery dinner show. I'll blog more about it later. So, that was worth the trouble my back was giving me.

If this is what it feels to get old. I refuse. I'm going searching for that fountain of youth. I am far from being old, but this crap with my back was horrible. It was worse than labor pains. Well, ok, not. But, pretty darn close. Maybe it's a good thing I start working back inside Monday. I felt "like a girl" at work. I couldn't lift or swing anything. We had a really physical job to do this week and I had to just stand there looking helpless. Oh, I hate that. I'm usually right in the middle of things. I have no problem swinging a sledge hammer and running the air chisel for this particular job we were doing. If there is one thing I am not, is a helpless woman. I may not be real big and strong. I'm 5'5" and wear a respectable size 6. But, I have busted my butt out there for 8 years making sure that I pulled my weight and did not have to rely on the guys to do my job. I think I have done a good job at it. This was not the way I wanted to spend my last week at this position. But, things happen for a reason. Good or not.