Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Feeling Good

I think I made a wise choice in taking this new position at work. After one day I feel this way. We will wait and see if I feel the same way after one year. I didn't realize until I changed departments just how negative everything was in the old one. Everyone griped about everything all the time. It's funny how you slowly sink into the environment and don't realize how much it weighs you down. Maybe it's just the newness of the job, but there was a jovial and light sense of air about everyone. I felt relaxed. Which is a 180 from how I usually feel when starting something new. But, then again, this is a brand new adventure for everyone involved in this project. These two positions were just created and my partner in crime is an upbeat, wonderful lady. I think what I will gain in attitude and experience will be the greatest benefit of changing jobs. Well, I am off the Charlotte today. We are off for three days of training, inspiration and hopefully a clue as to what we are doing.

As you can see from the time of this post, I can't sleep. I get wired whenever I travel. This plus there are a billion new bits of information processing around in my head. I can't turn my brain off. And, I haven't even brewed the coffee yet. Morning blogging without coffee and I can still make a coherent sentence. But, thank goodness for spell check and the opps keys delete and backspace. I love cyber erasers. I think it's the only time I don't run out of eraser before I run out of "pencil". Technology is wonderful! Otherwise, I would have a heap of wadded up paper and broken, eraserless pencils. Not to mention, no hair or fingernails. Well, this is turning into a caffeine deprived rambling. So I am going to take brewing hints from Humble Devil Dog and see if I can construct some good coffee.