Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Casket Furniture

I was worried about not having anything interesting to post today. But, then the boys and I started watching Ripley's Believe it or Not. They featured a young man who decided to make casket furniture (Yes, they have a website). These are caskets you can use before you die. So, when you do kick the bucket, you already have your coffin. He originally came up with the idea because caskets were so expensive. So, now for $25,995, you can have a casket pool table. There is also entertainment centers, sofas, even a child's casket coffee table (custom made for someone in Ft. Lauderdale). What a way to tell your child you love him! "Well, son, I love you but your about to outgrow your coffin. I guess we are going to have to do something about that." Yes, the funeral business has gotten way out of control, but get real. I am not going to sit around staring at my coffin or worse yet one for my child. It is really sad because he has a thriving business. I guess I'm just not with the times. I'll have to live forever because I can't afford to die; it's too expensive.