Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I accepted the job!

I stood on my soapbox and gave justification for the salary I felt I should be paid. And, it was accepted! Yeah, me! I was also reassured that there would be OT available in my new position. I feel confident in my decision now. My company is booting out the contractors and we are taking over all the contracts and dispatching of the trucks and railcars. We are talking about shipping over 600,000 tons of product per year. I knew the contractors would be training us some. What I didn't know was that the other lady and I get to set up the new system. She called me today and informed me that we have to order all our office equipment before we can even start our job. I'm talking from desks to chairs to pencils, maps, computers everything. I guess they have more confidence in me than I realized if they trust me to take this position. I'm excited now. We will have to go to Charlotte for training in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to that.

Okay, I can sigh now, relax, wring out my sponge of self-absorption and get back to humorous blogging.