Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Hanging up my hardhat

After 8 years of operating a front end loader (Cat 980) and doing maintenance, I'm turning over my keys, hanging up my hardhat and going back in the office. I am taking a position, within the same company, as a shipping coordinator. I think it will be a great opportunity and I am capable of doing it. But, I am scared to death. I have enjoyed operating the equipment, working on it, and getting dirty and grimy. I love being outdoors. I don't even mind the weather. I have learned a great deal in these last eight years. So many things that I was "taught" in school became clear once I had the hands on experience. But, life is about change and risk. And, this will give me an opportunity to learn another aspect of the business. I love learning so I am looking forward to it. It's just change is always scary.