Thursday, September 01, 2005

I am happiest when I .....

Warning! This post is laced with testosterone influenced material. If you are easily offended, you may want to stop reading now. If you are easily amused, keep on reading.

By now, I should not be shocked by the things that my boys come up with. But, I still am from time to time. Last semester, I took a class in communications. One of the assignments we did was just a basic finish the sentence intro get to know you type handout. I didn't think anything about the statements on it. But, I do not have a penis, so my mind does not work like one that is flooded with testosterone. I was working on my homework one evening. And I started reading these statements to my boys. (You have to take into consideration they are 15, 17, and 18. There are male hormones abound in my house.) There were statements like, "I am going to school because...., My favorite hobby is ........., and so forth." I'm sure at one time or another everyone has had a class that used these get to know you worksheets. Well, when I read the one that said, "I am happiest when I....", Improviser broke out into a huge Cheshire cat grin. Before he could say a word, Daredevil quickly interjects, "(Improviser) is happiest when he masturbates." I thought I was going to die laughing. Since they share a room, I asked him if he knew because he was watching. He promptly says, "No. I know because I know how happy it makes me when I do it." I couldn't believe he said that. You know they do it, but it isn't something a mother really wants the details of. And that is precisely the reason why I have made them wash their own sheets since they were a whole lot younger.