Saturday, September 10, 2005

Overheard at Work

Sometimes I can't believe the things I hear. This was an actual conversation at work the other day:

1st guy: "Hey, Goofy"

2nd guy: "I dun shed that name once. Don't call me that."

1st guy: "What do you want me to call you?"

2nd guy: "Call me, uh....uh....call me...uh.....uh, I don't know what you call dem guys but call me one of those."

What do you say in a situation like that? I kept my mouth shut but idiot rolled around in my brain. I know that sounds terrible. But, I heard once that it is best to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt.

Other things I have overheard at work:

"Them living wills is better than them wrote down ones."

and the best one....

from a clerk filing papers, "were there 30 or 31 days in February last year?"

I swear, I am not making this stuff up. (I have done and said my share of stupid things too. But, I don't have to tell you want I did). As you can tell I don't work at NASA. I don't usually talk about people, but somethings are just too funny.